CONDITIONS OF SALE
Placing an order
When placing an order, you confirm:-
• you are either over 18 or have the consent of the person paying for the goods to place the order; • the information you give to us is complete and accurate;
• you are buying for personal use and not as a business.
We make every effort to ensure the information regarding the availability of any product and the prices for each product shown on the Site is accurate. If we do not have the product ordered in stock or there was an error in the pricing, we will not accept your order and will notify you by e-mail. You may reorder the product either when it is available or at the correct price.
No contract for the sale of any product will exist between you and us until we accept your order by dispatching the product to you, at which time we will confirm the acceptance by sending you an e-mail. Reasons why we might not accept an order include failure of payment, shortage of stock, or we are not satisfied as to the quality of any particular stock item.
This confirmation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address given in your order form and will detail products ordered, payment method, cost (including VAT and P&P) and usual delivery times.
You must check all the details on this confirmation e-mail are correct and contact us as soon as possible if any details are incorrect.
We will send the goods to the address you provided when placing the order. Delivery dates are estimates and we cannot be liable for any delays in delivery. When you have ordered more than one item, we may deliver all at the same time or separately.
If your delivery address is outside of the UK, you may have to pay import duties and taxes, which are levied once a delivery reaches your country. You will be responsible for paying any customs or import duties and expenses for customs clearance.
When you are ready to pay for your order, you will be transferred to the secure site of our payment agents, who will take your payment details. Payment will not be taken until we have despatched the goods to you, and only for the goods we despatch. All credit and debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Cancelling an Order
If you wish to cancel or amend an order after you have placed it, if you contact us quickly, we may be able to stop it being despatched to you, and payment will not be taken. If we have despatched the goods to you, then you may return the goods in accordance with our returns policy which allows you to return goods for any reason or for none within 15 days after the day you receive them.
Please see our returns policy.
We make every effort to ensure that the descriptions (including prices) of the goods and the images on the Site are as accurate as possible. Images can get distorted through transmission through the internet, by the software and browser you use and the set up of your monitor. We will not be liable (except as set out elsewhere) for any errors and/or omissions contained in the Site and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed products at any time and without notice.
If you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity to that stated on your order form:-
• you must e-mail us at the address shown in the delivery note within 15 days after the day you receive the goods and tell us what the problem is ; and
• unless we say you do not need to do so, return the goods to us in the same condition you received them.
We will then either:-
• make good any shortage or non-delivery, or • replace any damaged or defective goods, or
• refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question.
The products we sell on the Site are sold for private domestic and consumer use only. We do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the Site or for any products purchased from us
We have taken every reasonable measure to prevent Internet fraud and ensure any data collected from you is stored as securely and safely as possible. However, we cannot be held liable if someone illegally obtains data from our computer systems.
We shall have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered unless you can show we were at fault and that we knew such delays would cause you loss or the goods are delivered to you more than 30 days after we have accepted your order.
We will not be liable in any circumstances (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) for:
• any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
• any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
• any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by you.
Nothing in the Conditions of Sale shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our agents or employees.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
This website and its content is copyright of jacu.uk – © jacu.uk 2016. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
This section tells you how we collect personal data from you and how we use it.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site and any correspondence, be it by e-mail, letter or telephone.
• Details of the transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access.
We do not gain access to your credit or debit card details, as payments and refunds are handled by our payment agents on a separate secure site operated by them.